What if you felt confident on your next hike?
Take a free test drive of our first lesson, Smartphone Navigation. If you like what you see enroll in our bootcamp for the rest of the course.Send Me The Free Trial!
Enroll in Backcountry Navigation Bootcamp so you can hike with confidence. Click that 'sign me up' button below for immediate access.Sign Me Up For Bootcamp!
Feel confident on your next hike because you know how to read a map, use a compass, navigate with your smartphone and plan a route with Garmin inReach. In a matter of days you'll become a force of nature with your new navigation skills.
"I found Rebecca through one of her free workshops and then drove to Laramie to meet her in person. She spent an afternoon hiking with me. In just a few hours she showed how to read a map, use the compass on my phone and set up my Garmin inReach. She has so much knowledge that she's always willing to share online and in-person."
You might be wondering...
Can I really learn this online?
Isn't Reading A Map Hard?
Isn't Using A Compass Outdated?
I've asked those questions myself.
That's why I'll be alongside you every step of the way.
Throughout our bootcamp you'll have access to me to ask any of your questions via email, text message and DM.Sign Me Up For Bootcamp!
This bootcamp is for you if...
- You're ready to start hiking solo but want to expand your knowledge to ensure you're doing it safely and efficiently.
- You want to show your loved ones that you've got what it takes to navigate the backcountry like a pro, so they can feel confident in your skills.
- You've always been curious about reading maps and using a compass, but have felt intimidated by them. Don't worry, we'll break it down and make it easy for you.
- You're a group leader or aspiring guide, and you want to grow and learn as an outdoor leader. This bootcamp will help you develop the skills you need to confidently lead groups into the backcountry.
- You're interested in volunteering with your local Search & Rescue team, and need to know how to navigate in the backcountry.
- You're considering a career in the military, and you know that backcountry navigation is an essential skill that you'll need to have. (Hey, we've been there too!)
- You're on a tight budget, and you want to get the most bang for your buck. We hear you, and that's why we're offering lifetime access to the bootcamp materials, including any future updates we make.
If you're thinking, "Yes, that's me!" 🙋🏻♀️ then keep reading, because we want to show you what's possible once you've mastered these essential skills.
With our Backcountry Navigation Bootcamp, you'll be able to confidently plan your routes, navigate the trails like a pro, and experience the beauty of the great outdoors like never before.
Sign up today and let's get started!
By the end of our time together you'll feel confident because you'll know...
The best phone apps for trail maps you need for your next hike so you can be safe and prepared.
How to identify common terrain features on a map and from the ground.
How to always know exactly where you are.
When you sign up for Backcountry Navigation Bootcamp you’ll get:
3 online lessons with video + PDF guidebooks.
- Downloadable reference cards to use for the bootcamp that you can use even after the bootcamp is over. Laminate them and keep them for life.
- Lifetime access to the bootcamp lesson materials.
"I started hiking when I turned 50, before then I was scared to hike, worried I'd get lost or hurt. Rebecca's YouTube videos have taught me so much. Now I'm planning to walk the El Camino with my daughter and granddaughter. Hike Like A Woman has given me the courage to plan this trip. "
Here's what you'll learn 👇🏽
📲 How To Navigate With Your Smartphone
- How to use the GPS on your phone
- How to use the compass on your phone
- The best navigation apps for hikers
- Pro-tips for saving and conserving battery power in the backcountry
🗺 How To Read A Map
- All about topographic maps
- Map symbols
- Map colors
- Terrain association
- Calculating distance on a topographic map
- Where to find topographic maps
🧭 How To Use A Compass
- The parts of a compass
Sign Me Up For Bootcamp
☆ SPECIAL BONUS ☆
New BONUS! If you've always wanted to learn to use a Garmin inReach + inReach mini we also include a bonus lesson on those navigation devices.
Can I answer your questions?
How long can I access the course?
When does the course begin?
What if I have questions or need help?
If I don't like the course materials can I get a refund?
I can’t wait for you to join me in our Backcountry Navigation Bootcamp
I want you to be safe and confident in the backcountry and I know that once you have backcountry navigation skills you'll be ready to explore.
The price is right. The time is right.
Will I see you in bootcamp?
-RebeccaSign Me Up For Bootcamp